Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall Nail Polishes



The usual suspects for fall nail polishes include the usual vampy creams, shimmery bronzes, browns, etc. This season, break out of the box and try one of these alternatives. They're still autumnal, will go beautifully with traditional and trendy fall clothes, and will have you staring at your nails for hours. Not that I did.





Chanel Peridot and Chanel Graphite

I stick these two together, partially because two Chanel polishes on my list was pretty cruel, and partially because I think they suit different skin tones. I don't like Peridot on me, though I think it's a beautiful nail polish anyway. It's a metallic gold with flashes of different shades of green; on me, a brassy gold dominates, and it doesn't look as nice as it does in the bottle. Graphite, however, does suit me, and it's a glittery steel color. Either polish (or both, if you're inclined) are perfectly on trend for the fall, and continue Chanel's reputation for trendsetting nail colors.





China Glaze Trendsetter

Speaking of trendsetting...terrible pun...China Glaze's sparkly mustard yellow green is a sincerely cool color. It might be one of my favorite polishes of all time. It's smooth, multi-colored without a lot of shine. I would probably wear this everyday if I didn't have so many nail polishes.




OPI It's My Year

Sort of the color version of Chanel Graphite, this glittery sheer (this is three coats) purple polish is full of microglitter in shades of green and gold. It strikes a balance between sophisticated and fun, and I think it would work if you're afraid of color or addicted to it.



Butter London God Save the Queen

If you like neutrals with a kick, but have grown tired of the variations on purple-greige polishes that have been around for a few years, God Save the Queen (formerly McQueen), is the answer you've been looking for. A relatively neutral light taupe, this nude polish kicks things up with holographic glitter.



Illamasqua Vice

If this are just too out there for you; Illamasqua Vice is a traditional fall color, but the finish of this deep raspberry polish is an unusual rubberized finish. No shiny top coat on this polish, though hand lotion etc. can ruin the finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment